BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Felipe_bortolo
Fluorite | Level 6

I’m having some trouble wile using the hierarchical link analysis on SAS VA 7.5.

When I’m developing the report, everything works perfectly: as I filter a specific group, the graph is customized as it has to be.

But when the user tries to access the report on the “Report Viewer”, the graph doesn’t work when I apply the filter. Instead a error message is displayed saying that some interactions involving the object where disabled, and nothing is displayed on the graph.

My question is: why the link analysis graph works perfectly on the developer environment, but doesn’t work on the report viewer on SAS Visual Analytics 7.5? Can anybody help me solving this? Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Yes, the interactions should work with Ungrouped network analysis objects.

When you change to Ungrouped, SAS Visual Analytics will reassign the data items to the  Source and Target roles. You would need to ensure that the data items automatically assigned to those roles make sense.

Here is the documentation on the data roles: 

Data Roles for a Network Analysis Object 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Interactions (filters) on hierarchical network analysis objects are not supported in the viewer. They work only in the designer. 

Felipe_bortolo
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks, @Madelyn_SAS!

Before I try it, do you know if the ungrouped network would solve my problem with the interactions?

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Yes, the interactions should work with Ungrouped network analysis objects.

When you change to Ungrouped, SAS Visual Analytics will reassign the data items to the  Source and Target roles. You would need to ensure that the data items automatically assigned to those roles make sense.

Here is the documentation on the data roles: 

Data Roles for a Network Analysis Object 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation