BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
india2016
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello experts,

I am working on VA 7.5 dashboard. Requirement is to create primary page for multiple domains. So I am trying to create dashboard (Attached Screenshot) like this but it seems like very basic for client.

Do anyone have created similar type of dashboard which refer to multiple reports from primary common page and also looks better. 

I am just trying enhance look for this dashboard. 

india2016_0-1708430500588.png

Please dont judge by this query but I am having limited knowledge of SAS VA and very bad at designing as well 😅

5 REPLIES 5
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I am sure you will get other suggestions from the community, but you can also look through the Visual Analytics gallery for ideas. 

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Visual-Analytics-Gallery/tkb-p/vagallery

KeithM
SAS Employee

Typically with a dashboard, you want to convey at least one metric that is important to the domain.  Thus, the end user gets a quick overview.  If you don't have a metric, then a background image that links to another report looks flashy.  Below is just a quick example of delivering a metric on each domain that can be clicked on to see more in depth reporting.  You want to incorporate colors that are the theme of the customer.

KeithM_0-1708631489113.png

india2016
Pyrite | Level 9

@KeithM @Madelyn_SAS  Thank you for inputs. I totally understood your inputs, will try to implement the same. 

Additionally, I just wanted to ask can I add background images like attached screenshot herewith. (e.g. Books , Word count background, Camera )

india2016_0-1708672087903.png

KeithM
SAS Employee

Below is an example where I used 3 object:  Precision Container, Key Value, Image.  It takes some trial and error.  You basically add the image and the key value to the precision container.  Set the height and width on key value and image to be 100%.   Adjust the size of the precision containte to your desired size.

KeithM_0-1708701401816.png

Lighten the background image by changing the background percent on the Key Value.

KeithM_1-1708701633181.png

Original Image Color:

KeithM_2-1708701755768.png

In regards to finding images, if you search the web you will find some that are free and some with a fee.  

india2016
Pyrite | Level 9

@KeithM Thank you so much for your efforts . This will help me to enhance the dashboards look

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation