BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Betty_sam
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I need to create a date parameter on the slider object which will update when the dataset update .

The probleme is that the parameter keeps creation date and doesn't updates.

How can I deal with this please ? 

Thanks a lot.

Best regards

10 REPLIES 10
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Is the Set value to dynamic maximum not working for the slider? If not, which version are you using. 

Madelyn_SAS_0-1652883232061.png

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

In addition to what Madelyn suggested, be sure that the Maximum Value setting for your parameter is something in the future.

Sam

Betty_sam
Obsidian | Level 7

When I add the date parameter.

Betty_sam_0-1652883433802.png

The set value to dynamic maximum is disabled 

Betty_sam_2-1652883535132.png

I am using 8.5.2 version 

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

You cannot use both the fixed and the dynamic options. 

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
Do you want to use the slider to select a range of dates?

I don't think you can set a date parameter with a slider if the slider selects a range. When I assign a parameter, the slider changes to select a single date value.

Depending on how you want to use the parameter, you might work around the issue by using separate controls to select the start and end dates for the selection.

It might be the case that you don't need to capture the date selection in a parameter. If you are just filtering on the selection, then you don't need to assign a parameter.

Does that make sense?

Thanks,
Sam
Betty_sam
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you for your reply.

In my report, I have a filter page that applies to the different pages of the report.

I want to use 2 sliders like this ( start date / end date )

Betty_sam_0-1652886234992.png

And I need to capture the date selection in a parameter for filtering objects in different pages of   the report

We have date since 2017 and the easiest way is to use the slider.

Thanks,

acordes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I ran into this several times before, I did like you placing 2 sliders assigning them a parameter for start and end-date. I think I could even manage to subject the second slider's entry to the first in order to avoid empty ranges. 

The Visual Analytics development team should prepare the slider for this min max usage...

I could imagine that you can force auto-refresh by doing a dummy calculation with the date and use this new date.

Like x+y and treat as number and treat as date afterwords. Or add and substract today() from the date...

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

I will communicate this issue to the development team.

I know that you are using a dedicated page to set your filters, but if you created a date slider as a report control, I believe that it would give you what you want. It would just be at the top of the report instead of on a page. The "dynamic maximum" option would be available.

Sam

OpenSourceFTW
Calcite | Level 5
Any update on this? I have the same problem - can't create parameters based on the sliders with ranges and thus cannot create a filter using the minimum and maximum value of the slider.
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

I communicated the issue to product management. I can't make any promises as to timing, but this limitation is being tracked as an issue.

Sam

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 in conversation