BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jamesgraham
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I'm using VA 8.5.1 (Viya release V.03.05) on Linux and I seem to have a bit of a strange problem printing any PDF report which contains a geo object:

jamesgraham_0-1638457650970.png

This has now become a major headache because I need to generate PDF outputs for a high-profile report that includes geographical heatmaps!

In terms of troubleshooting, I've confirmed that I CAN connect to the arcgisonline service with a curl command from the console - so there are no issues with the server connecting to those addresses (although I'm not entirely sure why it needs to). The geo object itself is using a custom ESRI shapefile and works perfectly in the report when rendered to the web page - but simply leaves a blank space (and the attached error message in the appendices) when printed to PDF.

Any help would be enormously appreciated.

James.

4 REPLIES 4
jamesgraham
Calcite | Level 5
Good question, Sam -- but I'm a little perplexed as to how this is appearing as the accepted solution! 🙂
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
I am making some inquiries about how to remedy the accepted solution thing.
FalkoSchulz
SAS Employee

Hi, I would probably suggest getting in touch with the SAS technical support group. It's typically easier for them to investigate issues like server and network access. In general - all services in SAS Viya go thru the cross-domain-proxy service - so I would check whether things like white-lists are properly configured in a way to let traffic thru to specific sites. A SAS administrator can validate current service settings in the SAS Environment Manager (configuration section). If that does not help - ask our SAS Technical Support for help. They quick in response and chances are, they have seen the issue elsewhere and know a solution.

Let us know how you go. Regards, Falko

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation