BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
anuragraishines
Quartz | Level 8

Hi All,

I am facing couple of issues in SAS VA Report.

1.The reports are developed on smaller screen using precision container. Hence when user sees the report on bigger screen it is not getting adjusted to respective resolution. User is seeing huge space between the objects

2.When user is taking out prinout of the report having list and crosstab object then if the records are few in the list object around 3-4 then it is shoing multiple blank rows in the print preview. Is there any way we can remove these extra rows in the report.

Quick reposne is much appreciated.

Regards,

Anurag Rai

4 REPLIES 4
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello, 

For your first issue, depending on the version of VA that you have, you might be able to set a fixed size for the report on the Options pane:

fixedsize.png

I know this is available in VA 8.5 and later, but I am not sure about older versions.

For your printing issue, we might need to know what version of VA you have. Printing has changed a lot over the years.

Sam

anuragraishines
Quartz | Level 8
Hi Sam,

I have already tried this option but while doing it is causing white spaces when seeing the report on bigger screen not only this since am using precision container multiple scroll bars are coming.

Regards,
Anurag Rai
HunterT_SAS
SAS Employee

In addition to trying the fixed report size as @Sam_SAS mentioned, I also want to point out this is expected behavior when using precision containers. The general recommendation if you know reports will be viewed on different screen resolutions is to avoid precision containers altogether:

https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/vacdc/8.5/vacar/n0mnqoi9thbth1n1u2df70jja2mq.htm#p0s7lu7nbw2...

For the print issue, screenshots of what you see in the web versus what you see in the PDF output would be useful as well if you're able to provide that. It's not clear to me if the precision container is related here or not. 

anuragraishines
Quartz | Level 8
Hi HunterT_SAS,
You are right am using precision container because there are certain requirements which is only possible in precision container e.g. there are scenarios where I have to minimize list table to show only single cell etc. which is not possible in other container.
I am wondering why SAS provided precision container if it won't work on different resolution. In todays time we cannot force user to use report on laptop of certain resolution only or on desktop of certain resolution. Here we are not even talking about ipad or mobile devices.
This option is there in Tableau , Power BI, MSTR etc. and it works like charm.

Is there any workaround which at least minimize the issue if not resolve it.
Any solution will be of great help.

Regards,
Anurag Rai

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation