BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Betty_sam
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi, 

How can I design a report lauout that works on diffrenet screen sizes ?

I'am using SAS VA 8.5.2

Thank you for your help 

4 REPLIES 4
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

In general, it should automatically try to adjust to screen size. You can also uncheck the Avoid scrollbars option at the page level so that objects that don't fit will scroll. 

Betty_sam
Obsidian | Level 7

I already unchecked the Avoid scrollbars but it doesn't work

MarkusWeick
Barite | Level 11

Hi @Betty_sam 

Have you checked the "Set fixed report size option"?

Best

Markus

Bild1.png

Please keep the community friendly.
Like posts you agree with or like. Mark helpful answers as “accepted solutions”. Generally have a look at https://communities.sas.com/t5/Getting-Started/tkb-p/community_articles
FredrikHansson
Obsidian | Level 7

The only solution that I have come up with that really works, is to first decide what is the smallest possible screen size that is supported, and what is the highest possible zoom-level. Then I design and test the report with that configuration.

(The report will look strange on bigger screens with higher resolution and/or lower zoom-levels, but it will work. All texts and objects will be visible.)

Designing a report for a bigger screen and relying on VA to adjust it for smaller screens is not a good way to go. Instead of rearranging report objects and changing tabs to hamburger menus (which is a common way for responsive web sites to adjust to smaller screens), report objects are resized so that texts are disappearing, making graphs impossible to interpret.

If someone has better ideas on how to build responsive VA reports I would be very interested.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation