BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Mkomen
Calcite | Level 5

I am having some troubles with the Cumulative periode measure as it refuses to show any data. No matter how I change the settings; different aggregation, different date, different measures, different settings in de cumulativeperiode (inferred, month, applytimeframefilter) no results.

Can anyone spot what I am doing wrong?

cumulativeperiode.png

3 REPLIES 3
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello,

Looking at the images you provided, the calculation should work.

Is it possible that you have two data items in your data source that are named "Datum"? If the date column is not the same (in the calculation and in the list table object), then the calculation will return missing values.

Sam

acordes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

It is very restrictive, but it works. 

Only the first block design works and returns the desired aggregation for a cumulative peridod.

It fails, if there are 2 different dates in the object (block at the right does not accumulate meanwhile the left one does although the unique difference resides in the added date1 column. 

It derails as well when you 'duplicate' the timeseries, in the middle it occurs because you duplicate a date by choosing detail data for the list object. 

But you can 'break' the timeseries and it still works and aggregates correctly. This would be the case you have no sales for one month. 

And it executes properly if you have a timeseries like '01jan2023' '01feb2023' '28mar2023' '01apr2023'.

png2.pngpng1.png

Mkomen
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks! I managed to get it to work now.

Excuse for the delayed reply...i was on holiday! 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation