BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
irachyq
Calcite | Level 5

Hello everyone,

I hope you are doing well.

We are reaching out to you as we are currently experiencing connectivity issues in our SAS environment. Despite our efforts to configure an internal user with all access and administrator rights, we continue to encounter problems.

When attempting to import Excel files into SAS, we encounter an error stating "Insufficient information provided for a connection to the metadata server."

Additionally, when trying to connect to the SAS Console Management, we receive the following error: "No host credentials exist to start server SASApp - Workspace Server  Either the client needs to send in host credentials, or credentials need to be specified for the server."

We are actively seeking assistance to resolve these issues and would appreciate any guidance or support you can provide.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Best regards,

irachyq_0-1707225331507.png

3 REPLIES 3
HunterT_SAS
SAS Employee

In order to import data to LASR, users must have an account on the operating system. This is described here:
https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/bicdc/9.4/vaag/n1qzydpsie8xr0n0zddgk8m309l1.htm#p1mhx8msdy8w...

Unfortunately you will not be able to use an internal metadata user for this. 

irachyq
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I hope this email finds you well.

I have consistently encountered an issue with importing files from Data Builder, even after utilizing an external account in SAS with the "Log on as batch job" privilege on the SAS server. However, I still receive the same error message as indicated here.

irachyq_0-1707225331507.png

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

There is still something not right with the account you are using to launch the workspace server. For more troubleshooting tips, see this SAS note: https://support.sas.com/kb/52/121.html 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation