BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ferb0
Calcite | Level 5

From a functional standpoint, can you basically do everything in SAS studio that you’d ordinarily be able to do in base SAS? If so, what is the advantage of base SAS? Seems like it’s a lot more convenient to use SAS studio, since it’s free and compatible with a Mac....

5 REPLIES 5
ballardw
Super User

SAS studio is an interface that somewhere interacts with an actual "Base SAS" install to execute code.

The "free" version also does not include all of the possible SAS products as it is intended as a learning/ training product.If you have a "Base" install you can use a local SAS Studio to access those other products.

If you are doing actual work for pay then you may be in violation of the use agreement.

Nigel_Pain
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I think you are maybe under a misapprehension here. To use SAS Studio, you need a functioning copy of base SAS somewhere, whether that is on your own workstation or a server. It will therefore give you access to all the functionality that you get from a Base SAS installation. In the latter case, you would require an installation including the SAS mid-tier server products.

SAS OnDemand for Academics is a free, online service. As far as I'm aware, there are fairly tight restrictions on data sizes. Not quite sure what these are though.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
A single user account on the SAS OnDemand server has a limit of 5GB of disk space allocated to the Files (Home) folder. There used to be an upload limit on the size of files. I have not heard of an upload limit recently, if there is still one. I have heard of issues uploading with Safari. Better to upload files with Chrome or Firefox with SAS Studio.
Cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation