BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
joeisen
Fluorite | Level 6

I'm following the online "SAS Programming 1: Essentials" course.

Every time the presenter runs a demonstration program, she says how important it is to look at the log first, and then she goes and clicks on the log tab to open it because the results window always opens first instead. 

Since looking at the log first is so important, surely there is an option I can set to have that be the default display every time I run a program . . . right?

Thanks!

- Joe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BrianGaines
SAS Employee

Hi Joe,

No problem!  Unfortunately, that feature is not available in SAS Studio 3.8 and I am not aware of an ideal workaround, but here is one approach I've used in the past.  

After you submit code and the results tab displays, you'll notice that the RESULTS tab is highlighted or in focus:

resultsTabFocus.PNG

When that is the case, you can use the left and right arrow keys to switch between the CODE, LOG, and RESULTS tabs. So after the results display, you can immediately use the left arrow key to switch over to the log. 

If you happen to click somewhere else first, in which case the RESULTS tab is no longer highlighted, then you can use Tab or Shift+Tab to cycle through various selections before you're ultimately at the CODE, LOG, RESULTS tabs again.  

It's not ideal because it requires human intervention and it's a little finicky, but it's a way that I've used to "easily" view the log tab after submitting code without using a mouse.  

I hope this is helpful!

Best,

-Brian

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BrianGaines
SAS Employee

Hi @joeisen,

Which version of SAS Studio are you using? 

The option to display the Log tab after code submission was added in SAS Studio 5.1 under Options --> Preferences --> General --> Display tab after submission:

displayTabSubmission.png

Thanks,

-Brian

joeisen
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for the reply, Brian. I am using SAS Studio release 3.8 (Basic Edition), installed about a month ago as part of the free SAS University deal. 

Thanks again,

- Joe

BrianGaines
SAS Employee

Hi Joe,

No problem!  Unfortunately, that feature is not available in SAS Studio 3.8 and I am not aware of an ideal workaround, but here is one approach I've used in the past.  

After you submit code and the results tab displays, you'll notice that the RESULTS tab is highlighted or in focus:

resultsTabFocus.PNG

When that is the case, you can use the left and right arrow keys to switch between the CODE, LOG, and RESULTS tabs. So after the results display, you can immediately use the left arrow key to switch over to the log. 

If you happen to click somewhere else first, in which case the RESULTS tab is no longer highlighted, then you can use Tab or Shift+Tab to cycle through various selections before you're ultimately at the CODE, LOG, RESULTS tabs again.  

It's not ideal because it requires human intervention and it's a little finicky, but it's a way that I've used to "easily" view the log tab after submitting code without using a mouse.  

I hope this is helpful!

Best,

-Brian

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation