BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
superbibi
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi SAS Users,

I am using SAS University Edition and I want to add the macro variable in the title. 

data a;
input group $;
datalines;
groupa
groupb
;
run;

%macro print (group);

title '&group';
proc print data = a;
where group = &group;
run;

%mend print;

%print (group);

my output title is only showing "&group" instead of "groupa" which I want to be. 

How should I correct the code?

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

Use double quotes instead of single quotes, macro variables do not resolve in single quotes. 

This allows a user to have a & or % in a string and SAS will not try to resolve it, otherwise it would think it's related to a macro or macro variable. 

@superbibi wrote:

Hi SAS Users,

I am using SAS University Edition and I want to add the macro variable in the title. 

data a;
input group $;
datalines;
groupa
groupb
;
run;

%macro print (group);

title '&group';
proc print data = a;
where group = &group;
run;

%mend print;

%print (group);

my output title is only showing "&group" instead of "groupa" which I want to be. 

How should I correct the code?

superbibi
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you so much! After changing as a double quote it works! I correct the other issues too. Sorry for the mistakes. 

Reeza
Super User
Your code has other issues, but I'll give you a chance to debug those first by yourself. If you have other issues, post a new question.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation