BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Hello
I am trying to understand the logical sequence of operations when one authenticates into the SAS Enterprise guide, connects to the SAS server and submits a job.
My thinking is that there must be a series of steps such as connecting to object spawner and then the workspace server
The server is an office analytic server (NOT SAS GRID OR SAS VIA)..
Can somebody help me in improving my understanding?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

When EG starts up, and a metadata connection profile is defined and set to active, EG will connect to the metadata server and try to authenticate with the stored credentials. If the credentials do not work (or are not stored in the profile), the user is prompted for them.

Once the connection to metadata is established, a list of servers accessible to the user is retrieved and used to populate the server list.

For all task nodes in a project, a workspace server is defined on which the task executes. EG will look if a workspace server connection for that definition is already established, if not, it will connect to the Object Spawner on that physical server and request that a SAS session be established. If metadata and workspace server reside on the same host, the credentials from the metadata connection are used.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

When EG starts up, and a metadata connection profile is defined and set to active, EG will connect to the metadata server and try to authenticate with the stored credentials. If the credentials do not work (or are not stored in the profile), the user is prompted for them.

Once the connection to metadata is established, a list of servers accessible to the user is retrieved and used to populate the server list.

For all task nodes in a project, a workspace server is defined on which the task executes. EG will look if a workspace server connection for that definition is already established, if not, it will connect to the Object Spawner on that physical server and request that a SAS session be established. If metadata and workspace server reside on the same host, the credentials from the metadata connection are used.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation