BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
GS2
Obsidian | Level 7 GS2
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

Using SAS 9.4, I have the attached code. I would like to control the size of the map that is produced. I am creating 2 separate maps based on ADI, score from 0-100, and one map is in a more concentrated area such that is shows roads and city names. I would like the map to look like the second where it only shows the state names. Is it possible to control the map area to make both maps where they show the same areas, even if the same areas are not in both datasets? Thank you

SGMap33.png

SGMap38.png

proc sgmap mapdata=locations_ge62 plotdata=locations_ge62 maprespdata=location_nodups;
    openstreetmap;
    scatter x=x y=y / markerattrs=(symbol=asterisk size=15) group=national_ADI_cat;
	label national_ADI= 'National ADI';
	Title 'Figure 4. Map of ADI by Zip Code- ADI >=62';
run; 

2 REPLIES 2
Ksharp
Super User

About your last question, you could make a special scatter point and make its size=0.

scatter x=x y=y / markerattrs=(size=0);

This skill I learned is from @GraphGuy  . Other questions @GraphGuy (a.k.a Robert.Allison) might give you a hand.

yabwon
Onyx | Level 15

how about adding:

ods graphics / widht=1600px widht=1200px;

before proc sgmap ?

Bart

"SAS Packages: the way to share" at SGF2020 Proceedings (the latest version), GitHub Repository, and YouTube Video.
Hands-on-Workshop: "Share your code with SAS Packages"
"My First SAS Package: A How-To" at SGF2021 Proceedings

SAS Ballot Ideas: one: SPF in SAS, two, and three
SAS Documentation

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation