BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Piers
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I am running a numerical simulation with PROC SIMNORM which is trying to create a large data set that has 6 columns as output. The input is a dataset with 26,040,000 rows. 

PROC SIMNORM appears to be handling it well until it runs out of work space. So, I would like to know how to redirect SAS where it writes the temporary work files.

Basically, I have 1.4Tb available on another disc (F: drive), and would like to try to use this instead of the default which is on the C: drive.

I do have admin rights.

Help very gratefully received

Piers C

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Piers
Obsidian | Level 7

Goodness me - so straightforward

I just tested the first step in my script, and the first data set was stored in the new location just fine (I renamed the library to be called PLCTEMP).

However, in the explorer view, I notice that if I try to renew or delete the datafile it wont let me.

It gives the following:

ERROR: A lock is not available for PLCTEMP.RAW.DATA

Presumably this has to do with write/read permission. 

Is this solvable?

Best, and very many thanks so far

Piers

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Ksharp
Super User
libname x v9 'd:\temp';
options user=x ;
proc .........
Piers
Obsidian | Level 7

Goodness me - so straightforward

I just tested the first step in my script, and the first data set was stored in the new location just fine (I renamed the library to be called PLCTEMP).

However, in the explorer view, I notice that if I try to renew or delete the datafile it wont let me.

It gives the following:

ERROR: A lock is not available for PLCTEMP.RAW.DATA

Presumably this has to do with write/read permission. 

Is this solvable?

Best, and very many thanks so far

Piers

Ksharp
Super User
It is write/read permission problem. Can you use another folder to assign a LIBNAME ?
Piers
Obsidian | Level 7

I could try drive G: which also has more space than C:

Drive F: has been assigned to be my google drive and I has had odd problems with read/write access for SAS using this drve before, for reasons that are very opaque

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation