BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AliceCheng
Fluorite | Level 6

When doing PK studies, once time we have the PK parameter AUC (0-inf).  If I want to put '0-inf' in subscript after 'AUC' .  What code should I use?

If '$' is the escapechar, I understand that ${sub 0-inf} will put '0-inf' in subscript.  By searching, I found that ${Unicode 221E} will give you the infinity symbol.  But how can I get the infinity symbol in subscript?  What is the correct code to achieve that?

Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

Just curious: what do you mean with PK. Is it PharmacoKinetics?

To answer your question, here's an example:

options nodate nonumber;
ods html close;
ods escapechar="^";
ods rtf file="rtfInlinFuncs.rtf";

title "Example of SUB, SIGMA ^{unicode 221E} Function";
proc print data=sashelp.class(obs=4);
run;
ods _all_ close;
/* end of program */

But maybe you want the infinity symbol in the body of a report or in a graph / plot. That may complicate things.

If so, please provide the community with your trial code and things will be corrected where needed.

Cheers,

Koen

sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

I am sorry, I forgot to use the SUB function that can be used with ODS ESCAPECHAR.

Here is better code:

options nodate nonumber;
ods html close;
ods escapechar="^";
ods rtf file="rtfInlinFuncs.rtf";

title "Example of SUB, SIGMA ^{sub ^{unicode 221E}} Function";
run;
ods _all_ close;
/* end of program */

Koen

Ksharp
Super User
ods escapechar='^';
title "Example of SUB, SIGMA^{sub 0-^{unicode 221E}}  Function";
run;
AliceCheng
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you all for your reply.  I will try this out next time when I get to my computer.  

I recall I have done something similar!  I will test in out and let you know the result.

But I do recall since I have other text in front of the infinity symbol, my infinity symbol 

is small than the regular characters.  Is there somehow I can control its size?

Any interesting result while I was experimenting.  I ended up copying the infinity symbol I got from 

an PDF output into my SAS program.  Guess what my new pdf output has for infinity symbol?  It turns 90 degree so that it became the number 8!

Ksharp
Super User

"my infinity symbol 

is small than the regular characters.  Is there somehow I can control its size?"

Yes. You are right ,try this to adjust font size .

ods escapechar='^';
title "Example of SUB, SIGMA^{sub 0 -^{style [fontsize=4] ^{unicode 221E}}}  Function";
run;
AliceCheng
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi, KSharp,

Thank you very much for your answer.  

I adjusted the code a bit.  Here is what I end up using.

iPARAML='AUC${sub ${style [fontsize=0.8]0}${style [fontsize=1.0]-}${style [fontsize=1.0] ${unicode 221E}}}';

And my output looks like this.

AliceCheng_0-1620075983740.png

Is there some way I can adjust so that the subscript goes lower?

This works fine in PDF and HTML, but I can hardly see any subscript by this method in RTF.  

Thank you very much for your response.  I really appreciated.  If you have additional suggestion, please do reply!

Alice

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation