BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Haemoglobin17
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi everyone,

I was wondering what training program is required to become a SAS programming instructor. I know that there are two certification (base and advanced), but, considering their content, I have some doubts that they are enough. So I was wondering if there is some additional training to become programming instructor.. 🤔

Thank you very much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Where would you expect to be employed as a SAS instructor? In my experience, SAS Institute does most SAS training so unless you can find an opportunity at SAS Institute in the country you live in, your options will be limited. I would start by searching online for SAS courses run in your country. That will tell you who is doing the training.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Go to your favorite internet search engine. Type in

How to become a SAS instructor

--
Paige Miller
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Where would you expect to be employed as a SAS instructor? In my experience, SAS Institute does most SAS training so unless you can find an opportunity at SAS Institute in the country you live in, your options will be limited. I would start by searching online for SAS courses run in your country. That will tell you who is doing the training.

Haemoglobin17
Obsidian | Level 7
Thank you very much SASKiwi and Kurt_Bremser for your answer. So, it seems you can't be a certified programming instructor, but instructors are employees.
Thanks again.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

@Haemoglobin17  - Glad to be able to help. Back in the day I used to teach courses at SAS Institute, but that is going back a lot of years...

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

The only "SAS instructors" I have ever met were all SAS employees, so I suggest you look if there's an open job opportunity at your local SAS office. You won't start as an instructor there, but you might develop into one.

yabwon
Onyx | Level 15

There is one more option, to be SAS instructor as an academic lecturer. I've been doing it for quite some time now 🙂

Bart

"SAS Packages: the way to share" at SGF2020 Proceedings (the latest version), GitHub Repository, and YouTube Video.
Hands-on-Workshop: "Share your code with SAS Packages"
"My First SAS Package: A How-To" at SGF2021 Proceedings

SAS Ballot Ideas: one: SPF in SAS, two, and three
SAS Documentation

ballardw
Super User

@yabwon wrote:

There is one more option, to be SAS instructor as an academic lecturer. I've been doing it for quite some time now 🙂

Bart

Yet another: instructor in an organization for other members though that tends to be an "other duty as assigned" and not designated formally as an instructor position.

yabwon
Onyx | Level 15

yeah, been there too, my favourite description of that position was: the "oh boy! oh boy! why my code is not working?! help?! help?!" guy. 😄

"SAS Packages: the way to share" at SGF2020 Proceedings (the latest version), GitHub Repository, and YouTube Video.
Hands-on-Workshop: "Share your code with SAS Packages"
"My First SAS Package: A How-To" at SGF2021 Proceedings

SAS Ballot Ideas: one: SPF in SAS, two, and three
SAS Documentation

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 6 in conversation