BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
chinaski
Obsidian | Level 7

How to auto-fix ranges in histogram using Proc Univariate, when you have more than one graph its ranges set automatically to same numbers. All i want that it fixes the ranges of graphs separetely, if i call where statement and call one graph no problem but i have lots of graphs i don't want to filter them one by one.

A brief short answer ins very much appreciated, my google searches drived me crazy.

1 REPLY 1
ballardw
Super User

Autofix range of what? The max/min value used to make the graph? The max/min value displayed on the graph? The "width" or number of records represented by each bar?

You will likely have better luck with Proc SGplot or SGPanel and that histogram plot than Proc Univariate. The graphs in Univariate are intended for data exploration and do not have all the options for controlling appearance.

You might get univariate to come closer to what you want by restructuring your data so that you have a single variable with values and make your current variable name another value to use on a BY statement.  Maybe. Your data just may not allow univariate to behave as you want.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation