BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Ryanb2
Quartz | Level 8

We recently had to move from SAS 9.4 to SAS Viya and although I do like some of the new features I'm struggling with some pretty basic stuff.  Some of which are related to limitations of the closed system.  Our IT department recently helped us get access to our local network by mounting drives which really helped with importing and exporting simple file types such as csv and fixed width.  However, exporting to microsoft products has been a challenge.  I can't seem to figure out how to export to Excel.  Our IT department set up PC file server and I was able to export to Access (although not reliably).  Running the code below results in the following errors.  Any advice?  

1 %studio_hide_wrapper;
83 PROC EXPORT DATA=NCHS_report1
84 OUTFILE="<REDACTED>\text.xlsx"
85 DBMS=EXCELCS REPLACE LABEL;
86 SHEET='thissheet';
87 SERVER="<REDACTED>";
88 SERVERUSER='<REDACTED>';
89 SERVERPASS=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX;
90 DBDSOPTS='INSERTBUFF=25';
91 RUN;
ERROR: CLI error trying to establish connection: [Microsoft][ODBC Excel Driver]General error Unable to open registry key Temporary
(volatile) Ace DSN for process 0x25f0 Thread 0x16e8 DBC 0x24c80e8
Excel'.
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.
ERROR: Connection Failed. See log for details.
NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.
NOTE: PROCEDURE EXPORT used (Total process time):
real time 1.43 seconds
cpu time 0.01 seconds

1 REPLY 1
Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Hello
Prima facie this is not a SAS issue.
The following link has more information on why the error occurs.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/26244425/general-error-unable-to-open-registry-key-temporary-vol...

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation