BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Magdalena318
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I am trying to export a SAS dataset stored on one of connected servers to a different one. I am able to do it with the Share -> Export option in SAS EG (https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/egdoccdc/8.2/egug/n0mvg67r18evf8n1wt42aurlv64l.htm), however I was wondering if there is an alternative way to do it programmatically. I have tried using proc copy, fcopy and data step but all result in 'Insufficient Authorization to Access' error.

Thank you in advance! 

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Unfortunately it is a restriction of EG that you can only connect to one SAS server at a time. You can open two EG sessions, each talking to a different SAS servers but the sessions can't talk to each other.

One solution is available if both SAS servers have SAS/CONNECT installed and licensed. In your EG session you can then SIGNON to a secnd SAS server and use PROC UPLOAD to copy SAS data. You can confirm if you have SAS/CONNECT or not by running this:

proc setinit;
run;

proc product_status;
run;

andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

The fcopy function should work, but the sas-server needs access to the other server. So talk to the admins, if the connection is possible at all.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Your SAS/server administrators can provide cross-mounts of the respective directories (unless they are prevented from doing this by security considerations), which would allow the use of FCOPY, and if you define LIBNAMEs for the remote directories, PROC COPY.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation