BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
GN0001
Barite | Level 11

Hello team,

I have written a program and it gives this error. I did what I could to resolve it, I couldn't. Please note the log below:

ERROR: The macro FINDDATA is still executing and cannot be redefined.
ERROR: A dummy macro will be compiled.

I appreciate any response.

Blueblue

Blue Blue
1 REPLY 1
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

I started to "play" with this amazing new AI chatGPT. One of the things I'm doing to "test" is copy/paste forum questions. 

I've done this for:

ERROR: The macro FINDDATA is still executing and cannot be redefined.
ERROR: A dummy macro will be compiled.

And here what the AI responded. Couldn't agree more 😄

I'm sorry, but it looks like you're encountering an error in a macro definition or execution. Without more context or information about the code you're working with, it's difficult for me to provide specific advice on how to resolve the issue.

And when copy/pasting all that you've shared the AI responds with below which I consider also as a really good answer. 

It seems like you are trying to redefine a macro called "FINDDATA" that is still executing. The error message indicates that a dummy macro will be compiled instead.

One way to resolve this issue is to ensure that the macro "FINDDATA" has finished executing before attempting to redefine it. You can do this by checking your code for any loops or recursive calls that might be causing the macro to continue executing.

Another approach is to use a different name for the macro you are trying to define, to avoid any conflicts with the existing "FINDDATA" macro. Alternatively, you could modify the existing macro instead of redefining it, if that is appropriate for your use case.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, it may be helpful to provide more context or code snippets for further analysis.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation