BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SASuser4321
Obsidian | Level 7

I have the table app_port which looks like this:

snapshot_Date final_slot calc_client_slot ead
31DEC2019 1 3 100
31DEC2017 2 2 120
31DEC2019 4 1 110
31DEC2017 1 1 140
31DEC2018 3 3 100

The table has 1000s of rows.

The output table that my current code outputs is the following:

observation_wise_override_rate snapshot_date flag__Mean proportion_of_downgrades proportion_of_upgrades
0.05 31DEC2017 0.03 92% 0.03
0.007 31DEC2018   91% 0.02
0.1 31DEC2019   93% 0.04

This output table however does not take the "date" variable in my app_port table into account for the flag__Mean column. Hence my flag__Mean column has missing values (I want to change this). This is because I didn't use proc sql for that (code below) and thus couldn't use 'group by'. I am hence looking for a proc sql equivalent of proc means or alternatively, a way in which I could keep proc means and still manage to group that column by dates.

This is my current code:

proc sql;
create Table observation_wise_override_rate AS
select sum(final_slot ne calc_client_slot) / count(*) as observation_wise_override_rate, snapshot_Date from app_port 
group by snapshot_Date;
quit;

proc sql;
create Table proportion_of_downgrades AS
select sum(final_slot > calc_client_slot) / sum(final_slot ne calc_client_slot) as proportion_of_downgrades from app_port
group by snapshot_Date;
quit;

proc sql; create Table proportion_of_upgrades AS select sum(final_slot < calc_client_slot) / sum(final_slot ne calc_client_slot) as proportion_of_upgrades from app_port group by snapshot_Date; quit; proc sql; create table _final_ as select final_slot, calc_client_slot, case when calc_client_slot = final_slot then 0 else 1 end as flag_ from app_port group by snapshot_Date; quit;

proc sql; create table _app_port_ as select * from app_port as x right join _final_ as y on x.final_slot=y.final_slot group by snapshot_date;run; ods select none; proc means data= _app_port_ mean; var flag_; weight ead; ods output summary=exposure_wise_override_rate; run; ods select all; data final; merge observation_wise_override_rate exposure_wise_override_rate proportion_of_downgrades proportion_of_upgrades; run;

Help would be appreciated. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASuser4321
Obsidian | Level 7

This is what I tried right now and the code is able to run and shows me the table with no missing values. Do you think the following code does the same job as the proc means code shown in the OP?

proc sql;
create table exposure_wise_override_rate as
select sum(flag_*ead) / sum(ead) from _app_port_
group by snapshot_date;
quit;

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SASuser4321
Obsidian | Level 7

This is what I tried right now and the code is able to run and shows me the table with no missing values. Do you think the following code does the same job as the proc means code shown in the OP?

proc sql;
create table exposure_wise_override_rate as
select sum(flag_*ead) / sum(ead) from _app_port_
group by snapshot_date;
quit;
Shmuel
Garnet | Level 18

Compare the sql output report  to 

proc means data= _app_port_ mean;
   class snapshot_date;   /* <== line added */
   var flag_;
   weight ead;
   ods output summary=exposure_wise_override_rate;
run;

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Well, @SASuser4321 you may have marked your SQL as correct, but I disagree. If there are missing values in the data, your SQL will give the WRONG answer. On the other hand, if there are missing values in the data, then PROC MEANS will give the correct answer.

--
Paige Miller

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation