BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
smm662002
Quartz | Level 8

Hello,

SAS VIYA LTS 2023.03

We are running a SAS code, processing some DB2 tables and also saving the results to DB2. After last night run, in two of the fields we found that additional characters  have been added at the end of the string. The additional characters fills in the entire length of the string. In SAS Studio the additional charter looks like: smm662002_0-1713876036253.png

which is repeated again and again creating something like: smm662002_1-1713876145120.png

The same character copied to a text editor and using a different encoding looks like: �.  When I am scrolling in SAS Studio some the additional characters disappear but if I resize the table column  the additional characters reappears. 

I have done the following tests but no improvements:

- used VIYA in a different browser

- reassigned the libname in a different Compute context

After checking with DB2 DBA no encoding changes occurs in the source or target DB2 tables. 

Finally, the same table loaded directly from  DB2 using a different tool shows no additional characters for  the same fields.

What do you think?

Thank you. 

smm662002

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

Provide examples of the data before the SAS code was run.

Provide the SAS code.

Provide example actual results.

And since this involves looking at data after sent to DB2 if I follow, then perhaps some details of how you sent it to DB2.

Ksharp
Super User
It seems that your sas encoding is not compatible with DB2 .
Change sas encoding in a file like 'sasenvlocal' .

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation