BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Jianan_luna
Obsidian | Level 7

When I was doing practice exam, I need to follow up the instructions to set up the fil "cert" and write down two statement. I am not sure whether it's correct. And do I need to do the same things on the real exam? Thanks so much!

libname cert "/folders/myfolders/cert/input";
%let outpath='/folders/myfolders/cert/output'; 

Jianan_luna_0-1596317931835.png

4 REPLIES 4
Jianan_luna
Obsidian | Level 7

Recently, I was taking practice exam for BASE programming. At the first step, I need to set a libname for input and output file. I write the code as following, please help check it. And do I need to do the same step on the real exam. I plan to take exam at home. Thanks so much, I am super nervous about my exam.

libname cert "/folders/myfolders/cert/input";
libname results "/folders/myfolders/cert/output"; 

Jianan_luna_0-1596398948699.png

Mark2010
SAS Employee

So.......it would be a violation of the candidate agreement to give you the exact library statements used on the exam, but it isn't meant to be tricky. The instructions tell you were the folders are and the names of the library to use. From there, it is based on your ability to create a library. Our tips and strategies contains links to learn about libraries and there is a webinar linked there as well to show you more. Here is the link to tips and strategies:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/Tips-and-Strategies-for-the-A00-231-SAS-Base-...

Jianan_luna
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks so much Sir. Can I ask one more question? Based on the requirements of practice exam, did I write a correct code for it? 

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

You don't seem to have followed the instructions for SAS UE that you posted.

xxx.jpg

You made the CERT libref, but not the RESULTS libref.

The instructions also seem a little wrong.  Instead of saying "\SASUniversityEdition\myfolders"  it should say that you saved the data into the folder on your real machine that you linked to the virtual machine that is running SAS UE.  The actual path on your machine is probably going to be different than what is listed.  If you are running on Windows it should include at a minimum a drive letter and might have other folders before those listed.  And if you are running on a Unix machine (MACos is a Unix environmnet) then the path is going to use / instead of \ between the folders and will probably have other folders between the root node (/) and your myfolders name.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation