BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
yelkenli
Calcite | Level 5

I use an excel SAS add-in that let's me run SAS code.  I develop the code in SAS Studio.  The resulting dataset in the excel worksheet has some very wide column widths.   The wide columns are for variables with lengths of 12,000 for free form entry.  I do not want to truncate any of the text.   

Is there control the column width in excel?

Proc print data=mydata;
Run;
2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

To set all of the cells to the same width something like:

proc print data=sashelp.class 
   style(data)={cellwidth=1in}
;
run;

If you want to set specific variables widths then you will need to add VAR statements to list the variables and set the style for the specific variable to a desired width such as

proc print data=sashelp.class 
   ;
   var name sex age;
   var height /style={cellwidth=2in};
   var weight;
run;

Which leaves SAS defaults for the variables without the style override and sets that one variable to a width of 2 inches.

Anything with 12,000 characters is likely going to result in very tall cells if you reduce the width to 1 or two inches. You will have to investigate the Excel formats to turn off wordwrap, which I can't help with if that happens.

yelkenli
Calcite | Level 5

ballardw: 

Thanks for replying.  the SAS excel add-in tool appears to not use all of the SAS coding controls, as this did not work (similar result as my other forum thread).  If anyone uses the excel add-in, please chime in.  Any suggestions are appreciated.  

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation