BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
christine5
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello.

For programmers/analysts/statisticians who use base SAS, how will SAS Innovate 2024 compare to the old SAS Global Forums? Will there be tracks specifically targeted to users -- rather than business professionals? Do you anticipate there will be more programming/analysis presentations than the ones currently listed on the website's agenda? 

Many thanks for your help in helping me decide the best use of our training budget.

6 REPLIES 6
Quentin
Super User
I think it’s safe to trust the agenda from the website, and use that to judge whether the content makes sense for you and your team.

In my opinion there will be much less SAS 9 programming content than would have been seen at SGF. But I went to SAS Explore last year, and even though there were fewer programming presentations than I would have hoped, it still felt like a worthwhile trip. I particularly benefitted from spending time in the innovation hub / demo room, talking with SAS employees about current and future products, and also talking with SAS partners.

This year I’ve decided to invest my personal conference time in US regional user group conferences, which I expect will have more sas 9 programming content.
BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Mark Keintz presenting History Carried Forward, Future Carried Back: Mixing Time Series of Differing Frequencies on May 8. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

I agree with @Quentin that the agenda is a good indicator. Don't forget the many Hands On Workshops (many are code-oriented). And yet-to-be-published is the Super Demo schedule. That's 60 or so topics presented by SAS, many of which will have a code/technical/stats theme.

Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!
christine5
Fluorite | Level 6
Thanks Chris! Good to know about the Super Demo and good reminder of the hands on workshops.
christine5
Fluorite | Level 6
many thanks Quentin. this is very helpful
dave_foster
Fluorite | Level 6
While I personally enjoy Innovate, I will let someone from SAS respond
around what Innovate will cover. The regional user groups still focus
primarily on SAS 9.4. MWSUG, Midwest SAS Users Group, for which I am the
Ops chair, will be in Milwaukee this November. There are 2 other
regional user groups: WUSS on the west coast and SESUG on the East coast.
If you would like more information our website is https://www.mwsug.org.
christine5
Fluorite | Level 6
Thank you Dave. I will check out the MWSUG website.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 13 likes
  • 4 in conversation