BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
jmoody77
Calcite | Level 5

Hi - 

I'm trying to get some IML work with R; have used it successfully in the past.   Here's a trivial example to replicate the error:

proc iml;
 rannet=j(10,10,0);
 /* send matrix to R */
 run ExportMatrixToR(rannet, "rannet"); 
 quit;

That  generates this error:

ERROR: SAS could not initialize the R language interface.
ERROR: The request could not be completed because the R child process terminated unexpectedly with exit status 0xa.
ERROR: Execution error as noted previously. (rc=1000)

SAS is initialized with the RLANG option, this used to work...(startup bit from the shortcut here is:)

"C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.4\sas.exe" -CONFIG "C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.4\nls\u8\sasv9.cfg" -MEMSIZE 24G -RLANG -CPUCOUNT 8 -MEMMAXSZ 20G

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Jim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

>  I have used it successfully in the past. 

I encourage you to think about what has changed since you last did this successfully. 

1) Did you install a newer version of R? What version? Can you verify that you can run R successfully from the RGui?

2) Did you install a newer version of SAS? What version? 

3) Did you recently change your configuration file?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

>  I have used it successfully in the past. 

I encourage you to think about what has changed since you last did this successfully. 

1) Did you install a newer version of R? What version? Can you verify that you can run R successfully from the RGui?

2) Did you install a newer version of SAS? What version? 

3) Did you recently change your configuration file?

jmoody77
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Rick!

Turns out my R_HOME had been undone after an upgrade, so fixed that.  Then had to add a hotfix, which didn't quite work for my setup but was able to jury-rig it.

Thanks again for the help!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

From The DO Loop
Want more? Visit our blog for more articles like these.
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation