BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
c1adde
Calcite | Level 5

I'll follow a Scientific Computing course next semester and they gave us a choice between the books Matrix Computations (Golub, Gene H) and Numerical Linear Algebra (Trefethen, Lloyd H). Does anyone know the two books and can recommend one of the two?

1 REPLY 1
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I learned from "Matrix Computation" (taught by Van Loan himself), but for a one-semester course I'd recommend Trefethan's book. It is shorter, more modern, and stresses the main ideas. Golub/Van Loan is more comprehensive, but I haven't had the need to use more than half the material in that book. For a good intro that covers the basic, use Trefethan. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

From The DO Loop
Want more? Visit our blog for more articles like these.
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation