BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
pmbrown
Quartz | Level 8

i hope it is ok to ask Qs here (i didn't see the answer in the faq)

the call for content suggests submissions should include a 3 minute video: https://www.sas.com/en_us/events/sas-global-forum/program/call-for-content.html

but it also says under "considerations for video submissions": "... if you would like to be considered for a virtual presentation". Does this mean the video is not necessary if your intention is to submit a paper only?

I have been reading SAS proceedings for years: https://www.sas.com/en_us/events/sas-global-forum/program/proceedings.html. They are papers and not presentations. That is what i would like to contribute, ie just a paper, if it's possible?

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
mkeintz
PROC Star

Yes, you've been reading papers, but they are almost all associated with a Global Forum in-person presentation - typically with an associated powerpoint deck.  Except for Hand-on-Workshops, where we could sit in a computer lab and get guidance through an organized set of exercises.  (Hmm, will there be a analog to HoW's at SGF 2021?).

Presumably video presentations will fill exactly the role that in-person presentations had in prior SGF's.

--------------------------
The hash OUTPUT method will overwrite a SAS data set, but not append. That can be costly. Consider voting for Add a HASH object method which would append a hash object to an existing SAS data set

Would enabling PROC SORT to simultaneously output multiple datasets be useful? Then vote for
Allow PROC SORT to output multiple datasets

--------------------------
pmbrown
Quartz | Level 8

if my submission was accepted, i would definitely have the chance to draft and publish a paper as part of the proceedings on the website? it's a little odd because this isn't mentioned anywhere, but to me it's the crucial thing because anyone who misses the talk can view the paper - i read papers on the lexjansen website that are many years old from past global forums. thanks

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 2 in conversation