BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

SAS Global Forum 2020 is just around the corner. We’re finalizing our presentations, making sure the booth is in tip-top shape and packing boxes full of communities swag!

If you’re new to our swag, you’re in for a real treat. Here’s how it works:

You can earn this swag only by attending SAS Global Forum 2020 and hitting certain milestones on the community.  The swag is tied to the badges you earn on the community and your recent activity level.

Earning the swag

To earn the pop socket, you must have provided 5 responses in the community and received the To the Rescue badge.

popsocket (2).gif

To earn the wireless charger, you must have posted at least 5 topics in the community and received the Fire Starter badge.

charger (1).gif

And to receive the SAS beach towel or the custom messenger bag, you must have received either the First Accepted Solution badge OR the 30-Day Attendance badge (earned between October 2019-March 2020) AND the Motivator badge for giving 5 likes. This is good stuff so you know you have to work a little for it, right?

towel_1.gif

bag (1).gif

The fine print

We want to reward community members who are active on the community, so we do have a time specific requirement: you must have visited the communities (while signed in) on at least 5 different days in the past 6 months (counting back from the conference date). That should be no big deal. We have a Super User who visited every single day in 2019, after all!

To claim your swag, drop by the SAS Support Communities booth in the Quad during normal business hours. Say hello to Shelley and Chris, and claim your goodies*. We’ll see you there!

*All items available while supplies last. Visit early and take home your swag!

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
42 REPLIES 42
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Be in it, to win it! Smiley Wink

Your SASGF swag promo videos get better every year. Love it and I love my SAS *cape* too! 

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

Once again, @thiago is the mastermind behind our videos. We just do what he tells us to do!

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
BrettWujek
SAS Employee

Really entertaining...you all are having way too much fun! 🙂

Next year add a lightning round.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

TBarker
Quartz | Level 8
I got the messenger bag last year. I'm in it for the beach towel this year!
~Tamara
SASKiwi
PROC Star

My Favourite is the Communities coffee mug. There is no such thing as a coffee mug that is too big! It is almost a gym session lifting it when it's full Smiley Wink

TBarker
Quartz | Level 8

Ooh, I forgot about the coffee mug! I don't remember how one wins one of those. @ShelleySessoms, will mugs be available again this year and, if so, what does one need to do to win one? I'm a long-time SAS user (17 years now, which I think might just be middle-aged in SAS years lol) and attendee of several SAS Global Forums and would love to get a SAS coffee mug.

~Tamara
SASKiwi
PROC Star

@TBarker - Rocking up as early as possible is the secret, before the opening session!

TBarker
Quartz | Level 8

Good to know! Thanks! 🙂

~Tamara
ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

Hi @TBarker,

We had coffee mugs a few years ago, and gave out the final few last year. We try to change up the swag every year, with few exceptions. This year it's the pop sockets, wireless charger, towel (or messenger bag).

You never know when we'll bring coffee mugs back, though! They were definitely a hit.

Best,

Shelley

TBarker
Quartz | Level 8
Thanks, Shelley! Sorry I missed out while they were available. I'll be paying attention to future opportunities to score one. 🙂
~Tamara
LauraJean
Obsidian | Level 7

love the challenge! hopefully I'm around SAS Communities enough to earn some Smiley Happy I'm a bit of a latecomer this year.

ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

@LauraJean, you already have the Fire Starter badge, earning you the pop socket...as long as you visit the communities in the required time period. I have no doubt you'll get it, and maybe more! 

littleleaf2
Fluorite | Level 6

Like to have a Communities coffee mug too. I am also a long-time SAS user (19+ years that started from the graduate school). 😉

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Discussion stats