BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
gmbaker
SAS Employee

With just days away from the start of SAS Global Forum, I thought I'd provide one final post in the How to Navigate series. Thanks to @ChrisHemedinger and @CourtneyBaker for their previous posts as well. 

This may be a full unload of thoughts, tips and answers to questions our team has received over the last few weeks as thousands of SAS users plan for Dallas. So please forgive the randomness and possible redundancy.

Experiences On-site: A key factor to having a great conference. Check out the app for the cool things you experience while at #SASGF.

• SAS Data Science Escape Rooms - sign up before slots are gone 
  • Lunchtime Walks - Monday and Tuesday, historic guided walking tour
  • Lunchtime Chats - experts sitting at tables talking about specific topics; grab a plate and join them
  • LinkedIn is in the house for profile consults or headshot photos
  • You choose your conference tee -- pick a color and a design
  • The Quad - need i say more than what Courtney already shared -- AMAZING 

How to Network

• Make your profile public in the app.
  • Go to Attendee Networking icon in the app, click on settings icon, and select Show Me on Attendee List.
  • Add contacts in the app. Set up meetings in the app. Message others in the app. There is a theme here -- download the app.
  • Meet others in the Stomping Ground attendee lounge, challenge them to a mega-sized Scrabble game.
  • Meet others at networking events -- Welcome Reception, Happy Hour in The Quad, Kick Back Party.
  • Meet others at the previously mentioned experiences. 
  • Visit sponsors in The Quad.

What to wear

• Business casual
  • Layers - it gets cold in the Convention Center
  • Cowboy boots at the Kick Back Party (if that's your thing)
  • Might i suggest you reread Chris' post

Need help planning your trip? Go here.

Need help getting around Dallas? Go to your app. See shuttle schedules,

Love Swag? 

• Pick up your conference swag when you check in to get your badge.
  • Answer session surveys --- the more you provide feedback, the better chance you get a prize.
  • Try to escape from the Escape Room to get socks. 
  • Provide feedback about that escaping experience and you can win a pass to SAS GF 2020
  • Play the app game, Click. Top earners are entered into a drawing for cool prizes -- think headphones and Alexa. 
  • See SAS and sponsor booths in The Quad.
  • Get your conference tee.Can't wait to see which tee design is your favorite. One per attendee please. 

See you in Dallas!

Gail Baker
SAS
4 REPLIES 4
PabloNogueras
Obsidian | Level 7

Learning can be fun.  Fun can be learning.  Smiley Tongue

TBarker
Quartz | Level 8

Can you tell me more about the lunchtime walks? What time? Where to meet? How long (time-wise)? I can't find anything about them in the app.

~Tamara
gmbaker
SAS Employee
Yes. See under Conference info and resources and scroll to the bottom. It has detail, times and location. If the weather is cooperative, it is a good way to get out for fresh air.
Gail Baker
SAS
TBarker
Quartz | Level 8

Found it. Thanks!

~Tamara

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 3 in conversation