BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
isek
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

PROC EXPORT DATA=last

OUTFILE='/home/data.xls'

DBMS=XLS REPLACE;

SHEET="ABS";

RUN;

I run sas code to export my database to Excel.
When I open my excel file via accessing my database (see attached file "acces donnees"), I notice that my tab name has a _ in prefix compared to the defined name(see attached file "onglet").

Do you know where the problem could come from?

Thanks

isek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Open the workbook in Excel. If the name is as expected there, SAS has done its job, and the problem is with the tool you use to open the file.

I suspect that ABS (which is a valid keyword/function name in SQL) is the source of the problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Open the workbook in Excel. If the name is as expected there, SAS has done its job, and the problem is with the tool you use to open the file.

I suspect that ABS (which is a valid keyword/function name in SQL) is the source of the problem.

s_lassen
Meteorite | Level 14

There used to be a problem note about this, but it has disappeared from the SAS website (DBMS=XLS is a very old format). As far as I can make out, you may be able to get the correct name if you use a longer name (6 characters, I think), it may be that you can get around the problem that way. A better way may be to switch to a newer version of the Excel interface, e.g. using DBMS=XLSX, or perhaps DBMS=EXCELCS.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation