BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
tomrvincent
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Anyone hear of a way to embed credentials in a project?  Instead of having libname or connect statements in programs within a project, can you somehow embed userid and password somewhere else in it?  Never heard of it and a contractor in a different departments claims to have done this.  I'm running EG7.1.

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

May want to describe exactly what the credentials are supposed to do. And check that the "contractor" is using credentials for the same purpose.

Proc HTTP might include credentials.

Filename FTP or URL might.

Information could be stored in a data set and data step code uses that information with something like Call Execute so you don't see the "credentials" in the code but the program generates statements on the fly for libname or connect strings.

tomrvincent
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
As I said, no libnames/connects are in programs and the contractor claims they are in the projects themselves. I'm getting the info 2nd/3rd hand so that's very helpful and the contractor is out the door as of last week...no documentation, no validation that any of the projects work. I suspect they were developed with a different version of EG as well.

Fun and games in corporate life.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

One way to do this is to use Authentication Domains that are defined in SAS metadata. The Authdomain links to a service account / password combination also stored in SAS metadata and any LIBNAME just needs to specify the AUTHDOMAIN option instead of supplying a user account and password. 

tomrvincent
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Thank you. I will look into that and see if that works out.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation