BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Dchan1
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

When running some code in SAS EG 7.1 I am getting a 'red-cross' in the program node indicating a program error, however there is no explicit error indicated within the log.

I have previously run the same code without this issue but I am now running 4 concurrent sessions with similar codes. 

What could be the reason for this situation?

Many thanks in advance,

David.

10 REPLIES 10
Dchan1
Calcite | Level 5

@Kurt_Bremser Thank you for your reply.  I have tried searching the log for different variants of 'Error' and there is no occurrence of this string.

Could it be something to do with the concurrent sessions being executed?

Dchan1
Calcite | Level 5
As an update to the original query.

After a search through more than 10k lines within the log an error was found.

This was indicated with an error code however it was not accompanied by an 'ERROR' string as is normally case.

This made the error difficult to spot but at least the 'red-cross' icon in the program node was reliable.

I'm not sure what caused this scenario so to help simplify future debugging any ideas on this would be appreciated,

Thanks, David.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

@Dchan1 - It would help if you posted the part of the SAS log containing the error including the preceding program step.

Dchan1
Calcite | Level 5
@SASKiwi,
Unfortunately I no longer have this log. It was overwritten when I applied the fix.
If this does occur again then I will forward on the appropriate section.

muscadoo
Calcite | Level 5

I just had this problem with SAS EG 8.3. It was from a SAS Program in a process flow. There were no red errors listed in the log and SAS EG still completed and the output table was created. But in the process flow, the SAS program had a red cross on it.

I found the following Note in the log:

Note: 484-185: Format $ICD was not found or could not be loaded.

Correcting the PUT function to use the correct format name resolved the problem.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

The fact that a SAS log Note triggered a program node error suggests EG is misinterpreting a note for an error. Sounds like a bug to me. 

muscadoo
Calcite | Level 5
I would hope that a missing format would generate at least a warning.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

@muscadoo  - The behaviour of this note depends on the SAS System option FMTERR. If this option is set, an error will be shown.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation