BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
KaueMAlmeida
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi everyone,

Are there some way for getting the client of SAS EGuide instead of SAS Studio?

Tks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Most students use Enterprise Guide under a license from work or school that includes Enterprise Guide. Free access to SAS on SAS OnDemand for Academics comes with SAS Studio. If you are working on the first class (Programming 1), there are 2 demos in the class that are intended to show students what Enterprise Guide looks like. However, for SAS OnDemand students, those demos are informational. You can do ALL the work in the Programming 1 course using SAS Studio. There is an exercise that has 2 parts -- one part is intended for EG students, and the instructions tell SAS Studio users that they should do the SAS Studio part of the exercise and NOT the EG part.
If your company bought you Enterprise Guide training, we would normally expect that they would provide you with Enterprise Guide to practice with on the company servers too. You should check with your company's SAS Administrator if you need to get Enterprise Guide under your work or school license.
Cynthia

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Typically SAS Enterprise Guide is available with paid installations of SAS. I'm not aware of it being available in the free learning versions. How are you accessing SAS?

KaueMAlmeida
Obsidian | Level 7
I've done some courses in the SAS Office at Sao Paulo, Brazil.

At that moment they give to the students a version of SAS EGuide Client installer but I lost my hard disk...

I tried SAS Studio but it isn't the same thing.
Reeza
Super User

Usually you have access via your online training account, have you checked in there?

Otherwise, for SAS Studio, are you using the Tasks/Visual side? That's fairly analogous to EG but definitely not exactly the same. 

KaueMAlmeida
Obsidian | Level 7
They gave me a access for the online training but also gave me the installer of EGuide.

I used to use SAS EGuide for some calculations that at the future are supposed to be deployed in charts.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Most students use Enterprise Guide under a license from work or school that includes Enterprise Guide. Free access to SAS on SAS OnDemand for Academics comes with SAS Studio. If you are working on the first class (Programming 1), there are 2 demos in the class that are intended to show students what Enterprise Guide looks like. However, for SAS OnDemand students, those demos are informational. You can do ALL the work in the Programming 1 course using SAS Studio. There is an exercise that has 2 parts -- one part is intended for EG students, and the instructions tell SAS Studio users that they should do the SAS Studio part of the exercise and NOT the EG part.
If your company bought you Enterprise Guide training, we would normally expect that they would provide you with Enterprise Guide to practice with on the company servers too. You should check with your company's SAS Administrator if you need to get Enterprise Guide under your work or school license.
Cynthia
KaueMAlmeida
Obsidian | Level 7

Actually I was doing the risk solution/management classes for banking industries. I guess that the correct name is SAS Asset Liability Management Solution.

We used to use SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Infrastructure for Risk Management, SAS High Performance Risk and some other SAS Softwares. At that moment the instructor gave to me a lifetime license to SAS Enterprise Guide and the client installer but unfortunately I lost it.

I also have done SAS Programming 1 and SAS Programming 2 courses.

I'll check with the SAS Administrators at the company that I've worked.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation