BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
thesasuser
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello
I have observed that the following error occurs, sometimes and at random, when SAS EG had been open over the weekend.

SEGuide.exe - System Error
Exception Processing Message Oxc0000005- Unexpected parameters 

To clear the error , the machine needs to be restarted.
Wondering if there are any steps that one can take to prevent this from occurring again?

3 REPLIES 3
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

I would contact SAS Tech support, and provide the full error message (not just those 2 lines)

--
Paige Miller
MarkAllemang
SAS Employee

It will also help speed diagnosis if you provide SAS technical support with a log file from the EG session. Logging can be enabled by going to Tools -> Options -> Application Logging.  After enabling it, it is best to restart EG. The options dialog also shows the folder where the log files will be written, typically %APPDATA%\SAS\EnterpriseGuide\8\Logs.

Finally, given that you report a reboot is required to resolve the issue, it would be helpful to provide a list of any system events in the Windows event viewer that occur at around the same time.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

I'd also suggest checking the Windows Event Viewer, in case there are other errors happening to trigger the EG problem.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation