BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
elwayfan446
Barite | Level 11

Good morning.  I have created a copy task that uses a variables to define the paths of the files I need to download. 

elwayfan446_0-1611757742545.png

The macros resolve fine and the files download but I get the following error in the log:

ERROR: Download exception occurred. Error while trying to get remote file.

When I open the .xlsx files that download I get the following message:

elwayfan446_0-1611763047245.png

If I transfer the files via sftp directly to my network drive the files open normally without an error so something appears to be happening during the download in the copy task.  Has anyone ever seen this and is there a fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Should not matter, but your SASApp looks like Linux so use a forward slash in the Download from field.

This task emits lots of messages in the Application Log, so turning that on in Tools->Options might reveal something. It's a lot to decipher, so SAS Tech Support might be able to help at that point.

Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Can you change the download spec to "*.xlsx" (note the dot before "xlsx")?  Does that help?

Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!
elwayfan446
Barite | Level 11

Thanks, I didn't catch that before.  However, I changed it and I am still having the same issues.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Should not matter, but your SASApp looks like Linux so use a forward slash in the Download from field.

This task emits lots of messages in the Application Log, so turning that on in Tools->Options might reveal something. It's a lot to decipher, so SAS Tech Support might be able to help at that point.

elwayfan446
Barite | Level 11

The forward slash fixed the issue!  I've never seen anything that indicates a forward slash is needed on a wildcard macro like this in EG so I didn't even think to try that.  I appreciate the suggestion and ultimately helping me figure out how to fix this!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation