BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Sultana
Calcite | Level 5

Hello I have a sample CSV file which has 2 tabs  future and Present both the Tabs contain IDs , funds and Elect, Here I need to identify the IDs that made a different elect for future than Present. can you please guide me to write a code .

one can try the transpose,and then concatenate the funds or assigning a key variable in 2 data sets future and present and then comparing both. use a merge statement , with a retain statement.I tried but aI an unable to this is just a sample I have 100 Ids in my dataset.

2 REPLIES 2
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

You have attached an excel-file not a csv-file, csv-files don't have tabs, worksheets or any other fancy stuff known from excel-files. They are just text files often accidentally opened with excel which automatically "optimizes" the data, hiding what's really in the file.

From the text it seems that you have an excel-file.

To help you, i need the data you have in usable form: posted as working data step using datalines/cards.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Please post examples for both datasets as data steps with datalines, the result you want to get out of this data, and the code you tried.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation