BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Snake77
Calcite | Level 5
Hello, i am novice and trying to learn sas by myself.

Would like to read data from rocket software data file into sas for analysis.

Have tried the following code but can’t get the data loaded under libraries.

Really appreciate your help.
Thank you so much

LIBNAME abc ODBC uid=USERID pw=password dsn=“ServerName” schema=DBO;
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Doonatel
Calcite | Level 5

"What is a "rocket software database"?  Do you have an actual ODBC driver that can connect to it?  Can you query it with any other tools?"

In my view, rocket software provides software solutions for various industries, including database management systems. From what I gather inthe code, it seems like he is attempting to connect to an ODBC data source using SAS's LIBNAME statement.
To assist him better, I would appreciate more information about the specific rocket software data file he is trying to read. Is it a file generated by a particular rocket software product? If so, I'm curious to know which one.
Regarding the inquiry about the ODBC driver, it is crucial to have the appropriate ODBC driver installed on the system to establish a connection with the data source. He can check if he has the driver installed by accessing the ODBC Data Source Administrator in his Control Panel.
Additionally, he may want to try querying the data source using other tools such as Microsoft Excel or Access to ensure that the data source is accessible and the ODBC driver is functioning properly.
In case he need further assistance with related topics, he can find valuable resources and engage with other developers who might have encountered similar challenges https://andersenlab.com/services/web-development

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Reeza
Super User
Do you get an error? Are you certain the schema is dbo?
Snake77
Calcite | Level 5
No error prompted.
Universe database is multi-value database.

Also tried ‘schema=public ‘. cannot see the data file appear under libraries.

Thank you very much for your reply.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Where are you defining the DSN in your LIBNAME statement? I suspect you are running SAS on a PC - correct? If so your DSN will need to be defined in the Windows ODBC Administrator. Have you done this?

Snake77
Calcite | Level 5
Yes
The DSN is defined in the windows IDBC Administrator.

Thank you
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

What is a "rocket software database"?  Do you have an actual ODBC driver that can connect to it?  Can you query it with any other tools?

Snake77
Calcite | Level 5
Rocket U2 is a suite of database management (DBMS) and supporting software now owned by Rocket Software. It includes two MultiValue database platforms: UniData and UniVerse.

Thank you
Doonatel
Calcite | Level 5

"What is a "rocket software database"?  Do you have an actual ODBC driver that can connect to it?  Can you query it with any other tools?"

In my view, rocket software provides software solutions for various industries, including database management systems. From what I gather inthe code, it seems like he is attempting to connect to an ODBC data source using SAS's LIBNAME statement.
To assist him better, I would appreciate more information about the specific rocket software data file he is trying to read. Is it a file generated by a particular rocket software product? If so, I'm curious to know which one.
Regarding the inquiry about the ODBC driver, it is crucial to have the appropriate ODBC driver installed on the system to establish a connection with the data source. He can check if he has the driver installed by accessing the ODBC Data Source Administrator in his Control Panel.
Additionally, he may want to try querying the data source using other tools such as Microsoft Excel or Access to ensure that the data source is accessible and the ODBC driver is functioning properly.
In case he need further assistance with related topics, he can find valuable resources and engage with other developers who might have encountered similar challenges https://andersenlab.com/services/web-development

jebjur
SAS Employee

Perhaps you don't have the correct schema value on the LIBNAME statement?

You can use the code below to query the database and create a SAS data set with the list of available database tables, which have two-level names. The first level is the schema.

proc sql;
connect to odbc (dsn=servername uid=userid pwd=password);
create table test as select * from connection to odbc(ODBC::SQLTables);
quit ;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 in conversation