BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
akhq
Calcite | Level 5

I have this issue that I need to create EMF file format figures, since they work better for PDF (RTF converted to PDF). The issue is that I want my logs clean, and since the SASEG destination does not support the EMF you will end up with "WARNING: SASREPORT13 destination does not support EMF images. Using the default static format." in your log.

Ok so it was hard enough to even try to figure out how to control this destination... But I figured that I need the following statements:

ODS tagsets.sasreport13(ID=EGSR) select NONE;

ods listing close;

SOME MAGICAL GRAPH GENERATING CODE...

ODS tagsets.sasreport13(ID=EGSR) select all;

ods listing;

And it will work without the warning. IF I run the program only once... But if I wrap it as a macro and call it multiple times in the same program then I get the following error after the first macro call has finished and second is generating output:

ERROR: The TAGSETS.SASREPORT13(EGSR) destination is not active; no select/exclude lists are available. (and this will be replicated N-1 times where N is the number of macro calls, so meaning that the first goes as intended but the subsequent ones don't)

So clearly the ODS tagsets.sasreport13(ID=EGSR) select all statement has no impact on anything... I have also tried to check sashelp.vdest data how it behaves in each step, but it seems that it lives its own life, and doesn't really care about any of the statements except the ods listing off. (I have there only HTMLblue and Listing as values).

So it seems to be impossible to even get any documentation on what the heck TAGSETS.SAREPORT13(EGSR) even is let alone how it works...

Extremely frustrating.

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User
You're saying this type of option doesn't work in SAS EG?

https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/lrcon/9.4/n030hgajs8pdqln1vwp56c5kghva.htm
Reeza
Super User

ODS tagsets.sasreport13(ID=EGSR) select all;

What happens if you just close the tagset instead ?

I believe that's an older version of EG, newer versions use HTML5 instead. 

https://communities.sas.com/t5/ODS-and-Base-Reporting/Struggles-with-Enterprise-Guide-Results-Window...

ballardw
Super User

You might want to show the code at least where you attempt to control the image type generated.

I would typically expect to see something like <dummy code wont' execute>

ods listing;
ods graphics on / outputfmt=EMF /* other graphics options like maybe Imagename='mygraph'*/

<code to generate graphs>

/* possibly an ods graphics /reset; or change to different image type for other output destinations*/

ods listing close;

Note that you really do have to have ods destination open that will allow the type of file you want.

My SAS 9.4.7 shows the EMF is only allowed for Listing, Excel, Powerpoint adn RTF.

Your problem with the macro is extremely likely to be related to timing of different options but since you didn't show the macro code we can't really comment on it. One suspects issues about when a destination is opened/closed in relation to the graph generating code.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation