BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Rabelais
Fluorite | Level 6

I'm using SAS EG 8.3 on a company computer which can be used only with a keyboard.

Reading several tutorials, for example

SAS Enterprise Guide 7.1: Accessibility Features

SAS Help Center: Keyboard Shortcuts

I learnt that there is a keyboard shortcut for (almost) everything, but I'm struggling with an apparently simple task: just moving the focus from the code editor to the log panel, and then go back to the code editor. For example, looking at the picture below, using the keyboard how to move the blinking cursor (inside the red circle) from the log to the code editor, so that I'm able to write code again? Similarly, when the cursor is in the code editor, I'd like to move the focus to the log panel so that I can navigate the log or look at the Output Data or Results panels.

I tried a lot of things to do the task displayed in the picture below, for example:

• With CTRL+TAB one can move from a tab to another (for example from Program to Start Page) but when I come back to the code editor the blinking cursor is still in the log box.
  • With ALT one can move to "File" at the top left corner of SAS, and then with the keyboard arrows I can navigate the different menus and with TAB we can move to other elements of the GUI unitl I reach the left sidebar (Project, Servers), but then it goes back to "File".

There is also a setting in Tools > Options > Results > General > Default tab to display, which can be changed so that after running code the focus is moved to another panel or stay to the code editor. This setting may help in some cases, but the problem depicted in the image still is not solved.

Any ideas?

sas.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Ctrl plus F6 moves my cursor between Program and Log tabs in EG. That's the secondary tab navigation:

SASKiwi_0-1708027509634.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Ctrl plus F6 moves my cursor between Program and Log tabs in EG. That's the secondary tab navigation:

SASKiwi_0-1708027509634.png

Rabelais
Fluorite | Level 6
Thank you very much! And with SHIFT+F6 we can immediately solve the problem depicted in the image

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation