BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
snoopy369
Barite | Level 11

I see an option, "SAS Studio Integration", which according to the Documentation will show Studio tasks "that shipped with Studio" 3.7 or later, Enterprise or Single User edition.

That's nice and all, but seems sort of pointless - I guess it means SAS doesn't have to port Studio tasks over to EG separately?  What I want to see is my custom Studio tasks show up in EG.  I don't want to have to port *my* tasks to EG (as far as I can tell we still have to write them in .NET?); I'd like to just see them here.  Clearly if Studio tasks are supported, it should be possible, right?

Is this possible?  If not, is it something that will be added in a future version? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Hi @snoopy369 -- you're correct (and @CaseySmith can confirm) -- custom tasks for SAS Studio are not yet supported in EG, even in the latest version (8.1).  But it is on the roadmap.

Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Hi @snoopy369 -- you're correct (and @CaseySmith can confirm) -- custom tasks for SAS Studio are not yet supported in EG, even in the latest version (8.1).  But it is on the roadmap.

Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!
FriedEgg
SAS Employee

I hope that this is very close to 'next' on the roadmap!

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Yes, we are working toward having support for SAS Studio My Tasks in the next releases of EG and AMO (8.2).  It is a high priority.

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

snoopy369
Barite | Level 11

Hi @CaseySmith - curious, is this still planned for an update to 8.2?  Or is it more like 8.3 now?  (Or is it in 8.2 and I just haven't figured out how to do it yet?)

Thanks!

bheinsius
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi @ChrisHemedinger, does that also mean that custom EG tasks can still only be developed using .net for now in EG81?

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Looking forward to the new functionalities! 

Meanwhile, what I have seen is an incipient version of the Snippets functionality available in SAS Studio. Not as well integrated as I would like to see (as a tab as we have one for Tasks), but it is there! 

samdupont
SAS Employee

Hi @JuanS_OCS 

I am the UX designer for both EG and Studio. I would like more info on your thoughts on Snippets in Studio. I am not too sure what you mean by 'Not as well integrated as I would like to see'. Are you saying that you would like to see a Snippets pane in EG, with snippets from EG as well as Studio? 

Sam 

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi Sam, @samdupont ,

thank you very much for coming back to me.

And thanks for asking, this gives me the chance for a better sharing of my thoughts with you and the community. What I mean is this. The access to the Snippets Manager is a bit hidden in the menu, instead of being available at first sight in the bottom-left panel, as you would have with the Tasks or Prompts, or the Favorites. If it would be more visible it would be great.

Tthe usage of the Snippet Manager is a bit confusing, it took me a few minutes to realize how it works and why. I can imagine it could help some people to make it more accessible and WYSIWIG (old term).

If the snippets created in EG could be easily re-used in Studio, and those created in Studio could be re-used in EG, it would be quite optimal.

That would give much more life to the snippets functionality (great for re-using code and code standarization) , more even of what we have at the moment.

Juan

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Hi @bheinsius - yes, that's the case.  Still a heavy lift for the casual developer, I know.

FriedEgg
SAS Employee

@ChrisHemedinger and @CaseySmith  how is this looking on the roadmap.  I'm still waiting!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 7 in conversation