BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ten03
Calcite | Level 5

Hi. I'm currently using SAS 9.4 - SAS for Windows. It seems as if there's a bug or setting that's gone funny and am not sure what caused it. When I'm viewing the data in VIEWTABLE and want to see the column attributes, the new window opens but is blank. Any idea what could be causing this and what needs to be changed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

You can always just use CODE to find out what is in the datasets.

PROC CONTENTS is what you want:

proc contents data=mylib.mydataset ;
run;

(although I cannot figure out why the current documentation seems to want to force you to use the much more complicated PROC DATASETS instead.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Does it happen for all datasets?  Does continue to happen if you start a new SAS session?

PS There is no need to bother to insert a picture into a PDF file and upload a file as an attachment.  Just paste the picture into the forum editor. Or use the Insert Photos option to upload an image file directly without first bothering to insert the image file into a PDF file.

ten03
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Tom. This happens for all datasets where I'm wanting to see the column details. The bug still persists whether it's a new or restarted session.
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

You probably need to open a support ticket with SAS.  http://sas.com/support 

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

You can always just use CODE to find out what is in the datasets.

PROC CONTENTS is what you want:

proc contents data=mylib.mydataset ;
run;

(although I cannot figure out why the current documentation seems to want to force you to use the much more complicated PROC DATASETS instead.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation