BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SteveNZ
Obsidian | Level 7

We are on a pathway to updating but not sure what the timeline is - hopefully early next year. I don't use the versioning in EG currently, I use the old fashioned way of Save As with a filename change. Is there a reason this may help solve the issue?

Reeza
Super User
Usually when you use a version control system you have to have the code stored externally somewhere as well and it's tracking versions/changes. If the code is lost the version control should be able to restore it if it's getting lost. And, IMO, it could potentially track what was kicking off the delete depending on what exactly was going on.

Not a guarantee but just something I would think would be exploring if I was having this issue.
Sachin6816
Calcite | Level 5
Hi! I faced the similar issue. I hope you have found the solution now. If someone is still looking for the quick fix you can embed each code in the project.
You just need to right click on every code then go to property and choose embed.
The codes get saved at particular location and in project we just use the path of that location. So when ever you send this project on email, receiver just receives path of the code in back end.
So your fix is to embed the code in side project instead of using its path to access.

So right click on code -> go to property-> choose embed

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 6 in conversation