BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
crunchit
Obsidian | Level 7

Is there information available on whether SAS offers a procedure for Adaptive Boosting (AdaBoost)?

8 REPLIES 8
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

Is there a specific reason you absolutely want the AdaBoost loss function?
Or would gradient boosting fit your purpose as well?

SAS Tutorial | Gradient Boosting Explained
SAS Users YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wDoiSo8trc

BR, Koen

crunchit
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

Thanks for responding. There's no specific reason, and i believe gradient boosting is an option, too. In fact, there's no clear superior difference between the 2 since they are both tree-based algorithms based on weak learners. I just wondered if there is one for Adaboost for exploring and comparison. Easy to end up in rabbit hole with google searches.

sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

@crunchit wrote:

Easy to end up in rabbit hole with google searches.

You can do a search for AdaBoost 

on lexjansen.com!

Home > Learn SAS > SAS Tips from the Community >
SAS Tip: Learn lexjansen.com
https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Tips-from-the-Community/SAS-Tip-Learn-lexjansen-com/m-p/436336

Koen

sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

I also do my Google searches this way to make sure I get back some relevant content:

• AdaBoost site:lexjansen.com
  • AdaBoost site:blogs.sas.com
  • AdaBoost site:communities.sas.com
  • AdaBoost site:documentation.sas.com

Koen

crunchit
Obsidian | Level 7

Is there information available on whether SAS offers a procedure for Adaptive Boosting (AdaBoost)?

crunchit
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks @Kurt_Bremser  thanks for your suggestion. If it's not a huge ask, can you please share a good one you found? It's quite easy to end up in a rabbit hole with Google searches, and the reason I reached out to this forum. Much appreciated.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 in conversation