BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
harigottala0
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All,

I need pulling the data using the Rest API into SAS. So, How can we pull the data in SAS? Do w

e need to create a source table? How can we pull incremental/ delta record using Rest API?

Thanks,

Narahari

3 REPLIES 3
clwatson
SAS Employee

@harigottala0 Let me make sure I understand your situation.  Are you looking to call out from SAS code to a Rest API and then take that response from the endpoint and use that as data for further processing?  If so another question, are you trying this from a SAS Client application such as; Data Integration Studio, SAS Studio (program) or SAS Studio Flow (available in Viya 4)?

Thanks
Chris

harigottala0
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi Chris,

Thank you for your response.
I am using SAS Studio as of now and will be implemented on SAS DI.
Please also let me know if any industrial guidelines will follow while
pulling the data using Rest API into sas.
ngottala
SAS Employee
Hi Chris,
We need to use the REST Transformation in SAS DI Studio to fetch the data from API.
We written the cod in SAS studio using proc http and it run successfully and get data and table. Now we need to use the REST TRANSFORMATION in SAS DI Studio and do the same task of fetch the data using API.
I am using this REST TRANSFORMATION for the first time.
As a process we created on json library and giving all the parameter in REST TRANS..
it is not throwing any error but giving any output

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation