BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
manishiiita
Quartz | Level 8

I'm facing issues with Arabic data.

Task: I'm reading data from a CSV file and finally, appending it to Oracle table. CSV file contains data in Arabic & English languages.

Steps followed:

1. Read data from CSV using INFILE statement in Data step.
  2. Data step created a SAS Dataset. Here, Arabic characters are visible properly.
  3. Using Proc Append to push data from above SAS Dataset to Oracle table. In Oracle table, Arabic characters are showing as garbage.

I've further checked and found below encoding of SAS (UTF-8) & Oracle (AL32UTF8).

Can someone please help in above issue. Please let me know if you need any further information. Thank you in advance for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

That's eventually an issue with your current setting for NLS_LANG

https://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings17/SAS0296-2017.pdf 

"In Oracle table, Arabic characters are showing as garbage"

It could also be an issue with the client you're using to look at the data.   ...but first I'd check NLS_LANG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

That's eventually an issue with your current setting for NLS_LANG

https://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings17/SAS0296-2017.pdf 

"In Oracle table, Arabic characters are showing as garbage"

It could also be an issue with the client you're using to look at the data.   ...but first I'd check NLS_LANG

manishiiita
Quartz | Level 8

@PatrickThank you for your quick reply.

Problem is resolved after setting export variables in sasenv_local file, as given in document.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation