BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ravindrrapaal
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello ,

I have 4 RTDM nodes on production environment for my decision campaigns.

Just wanted to know, is there any way i can deploy my decision campaigns in one go across all the 4 nodes rather than manually deploying one by one node by selecting from drop down.

ravindrrapaal_0-1596041797243.png

Attached are the nodes

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
shill
SAS Employee

This means you actually have 4 Remote Runtime Environments (RRE), rather than 4 nodes in a single environment. This does mean you have to deploy to each RRE independently as you've pointed out. The benefits of this architecture, though, are that you can manage each of those completely independently - upgrading versions, applying hotfixes, etc. This is definitely what I recommend as a best practice. Even the fact that you CAN deploy decision independently to different nodes can be beneficial if you want to test a new decision with only a portion of your audience, for example.

If you want to streamline deployment across all RREs, I suggest looking in to the command line options for deploying decision campaigns so you can set something up to do it all with a single command.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
shill
SAS Employee

This means you actually have 4 Remote Runtime Environments (RRE), rather than 4 nodes in a single environment. This does mean you have to deploy to each RRE independently as you've pointed out. The benefits of this architecture, though, are that you can manage each of those completely independently - upgrading versions, applying hotfixes, etc. This is definitely what I recommend as a best practice. Even the fact that you CAN deploy decision independently to different nodes can be beneficial if you want to test a new decision with only a portion of your audience, for example.

If you want to streamline deployment across all RREs, I suggest looking in to the command line options for deploying decision campaigns so you can set something up to do it all with a single command.

ravindrrapaal
Obsidian | Level 7
Thanks shill for explaining the current configuration correctly. Can i request you to share the command line sytax for deploying the diagram across all four servers in one go.
shill
SAS Employee

There's a section on Command Line Utilities in the RTDM Administrator's Guide that should outline all the pieces. I think there are some examples that ship with the product as well.

How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation