BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Nellysas
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

I am new to programming and I have doubts that maybe it could be insignificant but are important for me to understand. I would like to ask what is the difference between a scope session and a global session, it will be fine if someone can give an example.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Nelly de la.s Casas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

It's not the CAS session itself that is session-scope or global scope, it's about the CAS tables created in that session.

Remember session-scope tables can only be seen by a single CAS session and are dropped from CAS when that session is terminated, while global-scope tables can be seen publicly and will not be dropped when the CAS session is terminated.

Tip and tricks to promote CAS tables from session-scope to global-scope
By Ryan Lolli on SAS Users October 26, 2017
https://blogs.sas.com/content/sgf/2017/10/26/tip-and-tricks-to-promote-cas-tables-from-session-scope...

BR, Koen

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

It's not the CAS session itself that is session-scope or global scope, it's about the CAS tables created in that session.

Remember session-scope tables can only be seen by a single CAS session and are dropped from CAS when that session is terminated, while global-scope tables can be seen publicly and will not be dropped when the CAS session is terminated.

Tip and tricks to promote CAS tables from session-scope to global-scope
By Ryan Lolli on SAS Users October 26, 2017
https://blogs.sas.com/content/sgf/2017/10/26/tip-and-tricks-to-promote-cas-tables-from-session-scope...

BR, Koen

Nellysas
Fluorite | Level 6
Thanks so much for your answer and for the link attached which helps me so much.

Best regards,
Nelly de las Casas.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

LIBNAME 101

Follow along as SAS technical trainer Dominique Weatherspoon expertly answers all your questions about SAS Libraries.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation