BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
c4th1
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi, in the old discussion (https://communities.sas.com/t5/Administration-and-Deployment/SAS-EG-library-issue/m-p/312491), there was a discussion on multiple libraries were detected in metadata that use the same libref for server sasappva. this is not a supported configuration and may cause problems. can i please ask what should i do after i found the the libraries that have duplicate librefs? thank you. regards c4th1
5 REPLIES 5
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Follow the instructions in the linked discussions's answered post to remove duplicate LIBREFs.

c4th1
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi Unfortunately I am the administrator for clients who use sas eg. I won't know if who has created the duplicate libref nor if the libref is speficially required or can be removed. Is there an easy way to handle this issue
SASKiwi
PROC Star

These are metadata-defined LIBREFs only so they have to have been created in SMC. How many users have access to SMC to do this? In any case disabling the duplicates will give you the chance to identify who is using these as no doubt they will come and complain to you...

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@c4th1 wrote:
Hi Unfortunately I am the administrator for clients who use sas eg. I won't know if who has created the duplicate libref nor if the libref is speficially required or can be removed. Is there an easy way to handle this issue

For this reason, I have disabled "normal" users capability to define metadata librefs. If users need to access special directories, they can write a libname in the code, but they don't need to clutter up the metadata.

And if global access is needed, they have to contact one of the admins to do it.

LeonidBatkhan
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

For those who finds this track searching for how to identify and eliminate duplicate librefs in SAS 9 metadata, here is a blog post that addresses this in detail:

SAS administrator tip: How to identify and prevent duplicate librefs in SAS metadata

It also presents a solution on how to prevent duplicate librefs in SAS metadata.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation