BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ssaha
Obsidian | Level 7

How can I change the default username of sysuserid?

7 REPLIES 7
Jagadishkatam
Amethyst | Level 16

I believe, only the SAS administrator will have the access to update the user ID.

Thanks,
Jag
ssaha
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for your reply

I am working as SAS Administrator. So from where I can change the sasuserid?

SASKiwi
PROC Star

SYSUSERID does not contain a default username - it contains the username under which the SAS session was created.

Why do you want to change it?

ssaha
Obsidian | Level 7

Because when we are using data set or using merge commands the owner of the dataset is getting changed to the session's user id where I am running my code. The userid is getsassrv. So is it possible if I can change the userid getsassrv?

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@ssaha wrote:

Because when we are using data set or using merge commands the owner of the dataset is getting changed to the session's user id where I am running my code. The userid is getsassrv. So is it possible if I can change the userid getsassrv?

No. The ownership of created files is inherited from the user owning the process, and that cannot change.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

It appears you are using token-based authentication and a SAS service account to establish your SAS sessions. In my experience it is way more common to use user-based authentication for invoking most SAS sessions. That will also sort your file ownership issue.

andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

@ssaha wrote:

How can I change the default username of sysuserid?

This is hardly possible, because the value of sysuserid corresponds to the os-account used.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 like
  • 5 in conversation